Monday, August 27, 2012

Zulu War Project

Hi all!

I've been working on a project I had planned a year ago, but have only just gotten around to starting recently: The Zulu War for Principles of War. All figures are 1:72 plastics from Hat, A Call to Arms, and Esci. (Apologies for the poor quality of the photographs!) I've had a long running interest in this period, like many others I'm sure, which started with my dad showing me Zulu! And now that Hat have brought out some of their long awaited miniatures, I'm able to get this project going.

The collection so far includes the 1/24th Foot, Naval Brigade, 2 Royal Artillery batteries, and a few casualty markers.














I have some mounted infantry and the 99th foot on the painting table. I'm just waiting for Hat to release their Natal Native Infantry and British command and I will almost have all of the figures I need. And I've recently found out that they are planning some colonial dragoons!!!!

I am, however, struggling to find suitable figures to use for the Durban and Victoria mounted rifles. If anyone knows of any manufacturers that make compatible 20mm or 1:72 figures I can use for these, I would really appreciate it!

Thanks for looking

3 comments: